Cecilia is the Global Head of LEGO.com and Consumer Experience at the LEGO Group. In this role she works closely with the many LEGO product teams, touchpoints and market representatives – driving the global marketing, experience and development strategies for LEGO.com as the company’s primary owned Media Channel.
Cecilia joined the LEGO Group in 2001 as a product designer in the company’s innovation area, designing a number of highly successful toylines including LEGO Knights Kingdom, LEGO Exoforce, LEGO Spongebob Squarepants, LEGO Creator, LEGO Racers and many more. She moved into setting up Experience Design as a discipline in 2006, and also ran the LEGO Learning Institute, home of academic research collaboration with the MIT Media Lab and other well-known institutions around the world. She also gained responsibility for Consumer insights in 2008 and headed up the three areas before moving into her current role in 2012. Cecilia earned her BA in Product Design from Central Saint Martins in 2001, and her TRIUM Executive MBA from HEC Paris, NYU Stern School of Business and London School of Economics and Political Science in 2012. In 2014 she was appointed Visiting Fellow to the University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins School of Art and Design in recognition for her achievements in the field of design and innovation.
Beyond her work at the LEGO Group, Cecilia and her fiancée Jon have helped a social enterprise, Riders for Health, scale their impact and save millions of lives through developing a safe storage transport for AIDS samples, funded by the Clinton, Gates and Skoll Foundations. Cecilia has also worked with a children’s charity funded by the United Nations to empower young people to be the change they want to see in their local communities and tell stories that matter to them. She is forever curious about how play, learning and creativity support innovation and reaching our full potential as human beings and continues to experiment as a blogger, artist and musician in her spare time.
WHITE PAPERS (available at ceciliaweckstrom.com/downloads)
- Weckstrom, C., (2011) Consumer Driven Innovation Part II: Using Technology to Fuel Real-Time Feedback and Innovation
- Weckstrom, C., (2011) Consumer-Driven Innovation: Finding the Right Consumer-centered Innovation Methods
- Ackerman, E., Gauntlett, D., Thomsen,B., Weckstrom, C., Whitebread, D., Wolbers, T., (2011) Future of Learning, Billund, The LEGO Learning Institute
- Ackerman, E., Gauntlett, D., Weckstrom, C., Whitebread, D., Wolbers, T., (2010) Future of Play, Billund, The LEGO Learning Institute
- Ackerman, E., Gauntlett, D., Weckstrom, C., Wolbers, T., (2009) Defining Systematic Creativity in the Digital Realm, Billund, The LEGO Learning Institute
- Ackerman, E., Gauntlett, D., Weckstrom, C. (2008) Defining Systematic Creativity, Billund, The LEGO Learning Institute
2008 Front End of Innovation Europe, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2009 Grid Conference, Bonnier, Stockholm, Sweden http://vimeo.com/26712739
2010 Customer Experience Exchange, IQPC, Monaco
2012 Design and Emotion Conference, London, UK http://www.designandemotion.org
2012 Customer Experience Exchange, TEN Executive Network, London, UK
2014 Global Design Forum, London, UK
- PACHAMAMA – Our Earth, Our Future, Evans Brothers, London, UK 1999
- SCOPE 58, Sustainability Indicators, Report of the Project on Indicators for Sustainable Development, B. Moldan & S. Billharz eds., Wiley, London, UK 1997
- A World in Our Hands: in Honour of the 50th Anniversary of the United Nations, Tricycle Press, California 1995
- Universal Methods of Design: 100 Ways to Research Complex Problems, Develop Innovative Ideas and Design Effective Solutions, B. Martin, B Hanington, Rockport Publishing, Minneapolis, 2012 get it here
- Making is Connecting: The Social Meaning of Creativity, from DIY and Knitting to YouTube and Web 2.0, D. Gauntlett, Polity Press, Cambridge, 2011 get it here
- The Power of Co-creation: Build it with them to boost Growth, Productivity and Profits, V. Ramaswamy, F. Guillart, Free Press, New York, 2010 get it here